Sunday, March 20, 2011

INTERMISSION TIME

Okay, so I've read The Economist's 2011 Forecast Issue cover to cover, and taken notes while doing so. I've downloaded and perused Cass Sunstein's 2008 scholarly paper entitled "Conspiracy Theories: Causes and Cures" - wherein the current head of the US government's Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs urges "cognitive infiltration of 9/11 conspiracy groups", among other "solutions" to the "problem" of people not believing the various and shifting Official Narratives put forth by The Powers That Be. I've read the latest (only?) issue of a Tea Party magazine with the unwieldy title Can Conservatives Unite to Take Back America - no question mark, by the way, because question marks are for fags, apparently - and will be providing a comic deconstruction of said publication in the very near future. And, finally, I have begun looking into setting up a separate-but-connected parapolitically-oriented news blog where a number of us could pool our resources and intellects and focus our collective efforts at pulling together some kind of hologramatic Gestalt from the pixie dust of our ever-fluxipating Now/Here.  So I think I've earned the right to goof off for a bit. Time to watch the highly recommended Scandinavian documentary, THE TROLL HUNTER! I'll let y'all know how it turns out...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so The Troll Hunter was excellent goofy fun. I recommend it to anyone and everyone who likes monster movies, fake documentaries and just plain fun storytelling. With this and Rare Exports, those Nordic folk sure seem to be on a (t)roll!

    Please forgive me.

    ReplyDelete