Tuesday, April 5, 2011

READER MAIL!

Hey Jerky;

Just wanted to say I'm overjoyed that you're back on your feet and doing what you do best, getting up to speed very quickly. These are difficult times and we need you and your insightful (inciteful?) mind. I've been having a bit of a rough time of it and haven't been able to read your blog until now. I was in both earthquakes, one in Christchurch NZ which munted my folks' place and my home base, and then three weeks later I was in Tokyo for that mind-fuck, too. 

We escaped to Europe for a bit but have returned to Tokyo to get a good dose of radiation, whatever that might mean. It's great to have the Dirt back on board though, and I'll be looking forward to getting back into following your writings.
Just a though, maybe you can set up a donate button for people to slip you some cash for your efforts. I know it's not the way with "everything is free" Internet, but you efforts deserve rewarding and your bills don't pay themselves, I'm sure. A little bit of voluntary subscription could be nice, although if your friends are anything like mine when it comes time to put your hand in your pocket and show your appreciation, financially they're all mysteriously broke. Fuckers! :)

Best wishes, mate. Really great to have you back.
Cheers!
NZ Rob

DUDE... First things first, I love you man, but do not even ASK if you can pay yer old pal Jerky a visit. The last thing I need is to find myself wedged between the toilet and the tub in a bathroom that's been earthquaked down around my fat ass. Now that that's out of the way, I just want to say that I think the fact that you're concerned about my financial well-being despite everything you've recently gone through means you must be one hell of a fine human being. People like you were the reason I loved writing the Dirt between 1999 and 2006. And now, people like you are what's making my return to daily blogging so rewarding and enjoyable. I guess what I'm trying to say is... Thanks for being you! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go slap myself stupid for being such a sentimental little pissy-pants'd "Emo" bitch-boy.

1 comment:

  1. Heck, I'd donate too. If I had to guess I'd say every visit I make is worth about a quarter, maybe 20 cents. But even cooler (and following up on my last semi-heartless comment) would be Daily Dirt merchandise. Even if it's one of those things where a portion of the proceeds goes to starving irradiated Japanese orphans -- I'd pay $5-$7 for a Daily Dirt logo on my coffee cup.

    ReplyDelete