Friday, May 6, 2022

THE END OF THE QUEST: AN INSTANT STOP MOTION CLASSIC

Hey folks! One thing y'all might not know about me is that I am a patron of a small handful of online "creatives" whom I believe somehow bring extra value of some sort to my life. One of those people is the Lone Animator, also known as Bluworm, a very talented Scandinavian stop motion animator and Lovecraft fan who enjoys bringing Lovecraft's creations (among others) to life with his fingers, wires and clay. The video below is his latest, and the first to feature my nom-de-guerre in the "Special Thanks To" credit sequence at the end. 
 

In the above film, Bluworm manages to convey so much in such a short amount of time, and with such economy of elements, that one can't help but be impressed. With nothing but a hopper full of raw materials, brought to life by his own hands, powered by nothing but his breath and prodigious imagination... he has created a world entire, a world of beauty, of danger, of fearsome beasts and hidden wisdom waiting to be discovered and applied, in the hopes of changing that world for the better. It really is nothing less than a classic in miniature! And I suspect y'all might enjoy it as much as I did, so I'm sharing it here... ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment