Saturday, March 22, 2014

WHAT JERKY'S WATCHING NOW: TAKEN (2008)

Many people have criticized this film for its pat dialogue, paper-thin characterization, by-the-numbers plot, et cetera, et cetera. But they all miss the point. With his steely, note-perfect delivery of this single, crucial quote, Liam Neeson ascends to the pantheon of mythic action hero status:
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you were looking for ransom, I can tell you, I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
I believe Neeson implicitly when he says such things, and that's all that matters. Screw Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes. As long as there are fathers who care more about their children than they thought was even possible, Taken will remain a film for the ages. 

1 comment:

  1. If you are on an Atkins Diet or simply recommended by your doctor to cut back on calorie intake then jerky might be the right product for you.

    ReplyDelete